Friday 26 June 2015

"A MOMENT OF THOUGHT FOR THOSE WHO DONT FAST IN THE MONTH OF RAMADAN"



"A MOMENT OF THOUGHT FOR THOSE WHO DONT FAST IN THE MONTH OF RAMADAN"

If this is the punishment of the people who keep their fast but break it deliberately !

Then what will be the Punishment of those who dont fast at all !!

Ibn Khuzaymah (1986) and Ibn Hibbaan (7491) narrated that Abu Umaamah al-Baahili (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whilst I was sleeping, two men came to me and took hold of my upper arm, and brought me to a rugged mountain. They said: ‘Climb up.’ I said: ‘I cannot do it.’ They said: ‘We will make it easy for you.’ So I climbed up until I was at the top of the mountain. There I heard loud voices. I said: ‘What are these voices?’ They said: ‘This is the screaming of the people of Hell.’ Then I was taken and I saw people suspended by their ankles, with the corners of their mouths torn and pouring with blood. I said: ‘Who are these?’ They said: ‘These are the people who broke their fast before it was time to do so.’” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Mawaarid al-Zam’aan, 1509.

Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) commented: I say: This is the punishment of the one who fasted then deliberately broke his fast before the time for iftaar had come. So how about one who does not fast at all? We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound in this world and in the Hereafter.

Whoever does not fast has abandoned one of the pillars of Islam, and is committing a grave major sin. Indeed some of the salaf were of the view that he is a kaafir [disbeliever] and apostate – we seek refuge with Allaah from that.

Abu Ya’la narrated in his Musnad from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The bonds of Islam and the bases of religion are three, on which  Islam was founded. Whoever gives up one of them becomes a kaafir thereby and it is permissible to shed his blood: the testimony that there is no god but Allaah, the prescribed prayers and fasting Ramadaan.”

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Dhahabi, and as hasan by al-Haythami in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 1/48, and by al-Mundhiri in al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, no. 805, 1486. Classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah, no. 94.

Al-Dhahabi said in al-Kabaa’ir, p. 64.

Whoever does not fast in Ramadaan without being sick or having any other excuse that allows him not to fast is more evil than the adulterer or drunkard, indeed they doubted his Islam and thought that this was heresy.

Those who dont fast "FEAR ALLAH"

Share: "A MOMENT OF THOUGHT FOR THOSE WHO DONT FAST IN THE MONTH OF RAMADAN"

No comments:

Post a Comment